Balanced Diet: Importance & Components
Often, we hear that it is necessary to eat a balanced diet to be healthy. But the question is, what is a balanced diet, and does it have any importance? Besides, is this diet the same for everyone? Let’s delve in to discover the facts!
What is Balanced Diet?
This is a diet that contains enough amounts of nutrients required by the body in one day. The nutrients are vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, protein, fats, and fiber. While our foods contain all these nutrients, different amounts are present in each of the nutrients. A person’s gender, age, and health will determine the requirement of the nutrients.
The Importance of Balanced Diet
A balanced diet has the following importance:
- It boosts the ability to work
- It increases the capacity to resist or fight diseases
- Leads to a superb physical and mental health
- It aids the sustainable growth of the body
Components of a Balanced Diet
A balanced diet has a wide variety of components. Some of them include:
- Protein for growth and repair of the body and building muscles
- Fats for energy
- Fiber, minerals, and vitamins for enhancing the body’s resistance to diseases
- Carbohydrates provide us with energy
- 5, Jul, 2022
- 0 Comments