6 Essential Superfoods for Improving a Healthy Diet
No single food can offer all the energy, nutrition, and health benefits we need to nourish ourselves. However, there are superfoods recognized for providing essential nutrients and enhancing healthy eating habits.
The list includes:
- Berries: They are naturally sweet and high in fiber. Their rich colors indicate they are high in antioxidants and other disease-fighting nutrients.
- Leafy greens: Dark, leafy greens are rich in several phytochemicals (plant-based chemicals with positive effects on human health). They are also a good source of calcium, vitamin A, and vitamin C, and also add fiber into their diet.
- Nuts: Such as pecans, hazelnuts, almonds, and walnuts are a good source of plant protein. Nuts also contain monounsaturated fats – a likely factor for reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Fish: Contains Omega-3 fatty acids and protein, which helps curb heart disease.
- Whole grains: These are a good source of soluble and insoluble fiber. The grains also contain multiple B vitamins, phytonutrients, and minerals. Whole grains protect against diabetes and heart disease, as well as lowering cholesterol.
- Yogurt: Contains live cultures called probiotics – “good bacteria” that protect the body from other harmful bacteria. Yogurt is also a good source of protein and calcium.
- 2, May, 2022
- 0 Comments